What we do...
• Investigate cases of allegations of housing discrimination on the basis race color, religion, sex, disability, family status or national origin.
• Negotiate settlement agreements between consumers and providers.
• Educate housing providers and housing consumers of the fair housing laws.
• Educate the community about myths and facts related to housing.
• Work with other federal, state, and local agencies to implement fair housing laws and policies.
• Refer individuals with nondiscriminatory housing concerns to agencies that can provide help.
• Monitor compliance of housing providers (realtors, apartment managers, management companies, advertisers) with the letter and spirit of fair housing laws.
• Publish a quarterly newsletter to provide the community with a better understanding of fair housing and to inform the community on what is new in fair housing.
• Federal - www.hud.gov
• State - www.gceo.state.ga.us